Monday, April 20, 2009

Jackson & Perkins: Lousy Warranty/Lousy Customer Service

I previously posted about the two Jackson & Perkins Baby Blanket carpet roses (4/9/09) I lost due to no fault of my own. I bought three and two didn't make it through the winter although all three were lovely, lush, healthy rose bushes. I emailed J&P and asked what they would consider doing about it. Below is the email I received from Lynne Cody, J&P customer service representative:

From: JP CustServ
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2009 21:09
To: Lynne Cody
Subject: FW: Feedback Form for JacksonAndPerkins

Good morning Jennifer,

Thank you so much for contacting us here at Jackson and Perkins! We value our customers’ comments and questions highly, and we appreciate hearing from you.This is the spring season and we handle calls and e-mails from thousands of people every day. I apologize that somehow your e-mail has gotten pushed to the back. We guarantee the roses (for 60 days) to grow and bloom which yours did. I am so sorry that your plants did not do well through the winter.

Again, thank you for writing to us. If you have any further questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us. To help us serve you better, please use the Reply button to respond so that all previous communications will be included. Thank you for gardening with Jackson and Perkins!

LynneJackson and Perkins Customer Contact Team2
Floral AvenueHodges, South Carolina 29653
Telephone: 800-292-4769Fax: 800-242-0329
http://www.blogger.com/email: service@jacksonandperkins.com

Now I don't know about you, but that's a pretty lousy warranty. What I found even more ridiculous is the fact that this woman thinks I would ever again consider making another purchase with their brand stamped all over it. Shoot, even Home Depot, whose been in the customer service hot seat for awhile, guarantees all their plants for 1 full year.

I'll just keep buying my Weeks Roses and stay clear of any container/wrapper with the words Jackson & Perkins on it.

Hey Jackson & Perkins-----Boo! Hiss!

No comments:

Post a Comment