Friday, April 24, 2009

What's Blooming: 4-24-09




Bulbs:
Dick Wilden Double Narcissi

Planted fall of 2008

This particular narcissus is my favorite of all the narcissi I have planted in the gardens because of its layered bloom. The bloom is the size of a large lemon and can be so heavy with petals that it needs staking. I have mine planted around our barn but this narcissus can be seen from the end of our driveway, 100 feet away.




Ballade (lily-flowering) tulip

Planted fall 2008

Very nice variegated pink/lavender and white tulip. Perhaps not the most showy tulip in my garden but definite one of the most feminine and fussy.


Red Georgette (bunch flowering) tulip


Planted fall 2008

Awesome tulip for multiple blooms. In this picture, there are a total of four bulbs but it definitely looks like more plants with all the red blooms. I plan to purchase many more this coming fall. The performance their first year has been spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment